Contact Us

Case Study: Prospects for Smart Logistics in the Home Textile Industry

The textile industry is an industry with low added value. The procurement of raw materials for products accounts for a large proportion. There are many processing links from raw materials to finished products. There is a lot of work to do related to the procurement, storage, transportation of raw materials, and storage and transportation of semi-finished products and finished products. Some data show that in the entire production and sales process of textile and clothing products, only 5% of the time is spent on processing and manufacturing on average, and the remaining 95% of the time is spent on storage, loading and unloading, waiting for processing and transportation. Obviously, this will give rise to the large human input of the enterprise, which will make the logistics operation cost high and the capital occupied. Obviously, how to reduce the cost of logistics links plays a decisive role in improving the competitiveness of the textile industry.

A few days ago, CASUN laser navigation stacking forklift AGV was officially applied at the warehouse site of a large home textile enterprise to realize the cross-floor and cross-workshop transportation of 3-meter-long cloth rolls from the workshop to the warehouse, and to realize automatic in and out of the warehouse.

Ⅰ. Application background of laser navigation stacking forklift AGV

In this project, AGV is mainly used in multiple processes such as cloth roll warehousing, cloth warehouse distribution, distribution, cloth combination and cloth cutting. The AGV is used to automatically detect the height of the cloth roll on the pallet, and automatically store it on shelves of different heights in the warehouse according to its height information.

(1) The size of the cloth roll material is long, the longest is 3.3 meters, the load is 1500kg, and the maximum lifting height is required to be 3.5 meters;

(2) The warehouse is a 4-layer shelf, and the AGV needs to automatically detect the height of the cloth roll on the pallet, and store it in the warehouse of different heights;

(3) The on-site shelf channel is narrow, the site is complex, and the personnel work frequently.

Ⅱ. How is the laser-guided AGV applied to cloth handling

(1) The project uses a laser-guided stacking forklift AGV, supporting automatic AGV wireless charging piles and a storage location management system to realize the unmanned process of in-put and out-put of warehouse.

(2) According to the scheduling information, the AGV transports the cloth roll pallets from the workshop to the warehouse in an orderly manner through the elevator.

(3) After the storage is completed, if the cutting machine needs a variety of fabrics, the distribution list will be manually listed on the scheduling screen. The AGV laser guidance automatically sends the corresponding cloth pallet to the distribution area, and the required cloth is manually moved to the new distribution pallet, and then sent by the AGV to the to-be-released area, and finally, the cloth is manually pulled away. The remaining cloth pallets are returned to the warehouse through the AGV.

Ⅲ. The advantages of laser-guided AGV in the textile industry

(1) Intelligent scheduling to achieve efficient application

By connecting with the customer's WMS system, the optimal path can be intelligently planned when the task is issued, reducing the invalid walking distance and improving the operation efficiency. After the smart AGV completes the task, it sends back the information to the WMS system, manages the information of material location in the warehouse in real time, and realizes the synchronization of the accounts and materials.

(2) High safety performance

The AGV adopts laser navigation, and the accuracy can reach ±10mm when it is running in the shelf aisle. At the same time, the laser-guided AGV itself is equipped with anti-collision sensors and walks in strict accordance with the prescribed lines, which greatly improves the safety of the 3-meter-long cloth roll pallet in and out of the warehouse.

Benefits for customers:

1. Improve the use ratio of warehouse storage

After the AGV automatically detects the height of the cloth roll on the pallet, it automatically matches the shelf location of the corresponding floor height to improve the utilization of shelf space.

2. Intelligent management

Seamlessly connect ERP and WMS systems to optimize storage location, route and task allocation.

3. Reduce labor cost

The flexible process is improved, the number of personnel operations is reduced, the labor intensity is reduced, and a lot of labor costs are saved.

Recommended CASUN AGV

Other Latest News About CASUN